I thought that a good way to start this blog would be to share a few things about myself. So, here are 10 things about me!
1. Starting with the basics – my name is Heather, and I’m 28 years old.
2. I live in Pittsburgh, and I’ve lived here for my whole life.
3. I work in public health research at a local university. It’s different than what I studied as an undergraduate – engineering – but I love it!
4. I’m also working towards my Masters of Public Health – I’m a part-time student, so it’s a long journey.
5. I have a very spoiled Yorkshire Terrier named Lily, who is almost three years old now.
6. I love music, whether it’s a concert or a musical, and try to see as many shows as I can.
7. I have Spinal Muscular Atrophy, a genetic neuromuscular disease, and have been in a wheelchair since I was three years old.
8. I love going to restaurants, especially in the summer, and even more so if there’s a rooftop!
9. I am obsessed with all animals, especially big cats, and have planned multiple vacations around animal encounters.
10. I drink so much coffee it basically runs through my veins.
I’d love to meet and learn about you – comment below and introduce yourself!